The accounting clerk is primarily responsible for timely and accurate accounts payable function of the organization as well as support to the overall finance department.
- Accounts payable responsibilities and vendor relations including maintaining organized AP and vendor files
- Assist Staff Accountant in the processing of daily cash receipts, verifying accuracy and posting to general ledger
- Reconcile multiple bank statements to QuickBooks on a weekly basis
- Assist the Staff Accountant with recording and reconciling various petty cash accounts on a weekly basis
- Assist with daily bookkeeping tasks for multiple entities
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes under the supervision of the Controller
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures under the supervision of the Controller
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Support project work as required by Controller
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
The Jewish Community Center/Jewish Federation is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.
No recruiters please.