Reports to Director of Marketing & Communications
Full Time | Non-Exempt
Some evenings and weekends required
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Content Manager is accountable for advancing the mission and objectives of the Jewish Federation, Foundation, and JCC of Greater New Haven by sourcing, producing, and editing content across our various platforms, which include, but are not limited to, our online news-portal, e-newsletters, Facebook pages, annual reports, program guides, and Shalom New Haven (SNH).
- Generates editorial calendar representing all of our organization's’ interests across our platforms, which include, but are not limited to, SNH, our online news-portal, e-newsletters, Facebook pages, annual reports and program guides.
- Responsible for launch deadlines
- Regularly sources content from Jewish Congregations and agencies in our catchment area, as well as from internal sources (staff and board members), and from local, national, and international news channels
- Writes/produces videos, articles and stories that promote the interests of our brands - including impact stories, donor stories, statements, content highlighting our offerings, and other topics as requested.
- Generates multi-channel editorial calendar and updates monthly, based on editorial perspective and input from internal stake owners
- Clearly and regularly communicates timelines to internal, external, and production-related stake-owners
- Regularly engages with internal and community-based contributors to provide direction and uncover story opportunities
- Writes and produces original content
- Edits sourced content for proper style and grammar
- Coordinates and conducts interviews to produce original stories. Coordinates photography and videography as needed
- Directs freelance writers as requested by Director of Marketing & Communications
- Maintains organized filing and databasing system for all published content
- Posts content on website, in social media, and in e-newsletters
- Advises on organization and layout of news website and SNH
- Lays out the paper in InDesign
- Follows naming guidelines
- Superb story-telling and editorial skills
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Content
- Photography, videography, and video editing skills
- Proven ability to layout paper in InDesign
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of online and print mediums
- Basic knowledge of Jewish tradition
References are a must and background checks will be conducted.
The JCC/Jewish Federation is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.