Position Description: Digital Marketing Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Classification: Full time, Non-Exempt; Some evenings and weekends required
Entry-level position |Generous benefits package
Who we are
Diverse and inclusive, the Jewish Federation, Foundation, and JCC of Greater New Haven are a force for good in our local community, in Israel, and in more than 70 countries around the world. We reach thousands in our community through outreach activities, cultural & educational events, and health & wellness offerings. Our annual campaign raises funds to strengthen the Jewish community and provide for children, seniors, and families in need.
Who you are
You want to make a difference and be a part of positive change in the world. You are excited about the concept of community and seeing people come together for a cause. You are a natural micro-blogger who gets hyped when there is a good story to be told. You are brand-curious, tech-savvy, very organized, and you love to learn new things. We can’t wait to meet you.
The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for our two websites, three Facebook pages, digital touch screen, and daily emails.
- Support fundraising campaigns and promote offerings and events across web, social and email
- Implement online advertising plans on Facebook, Google, and other publishers as prescribed by Director of Marketing & Communication. Tracks the performance of online advertising
- Report on the health and growth of our social media accounts, email lists, and website visitors. Make suggestions for improvement of engagement, retention, traffic and clicks.
- Promote JCC offerings by updating the monthly schedules and the online program guide
- Develop and implement social media campaigns to increase engagement and achieve branding objectives
- Create e-newsletters, announcements, and event emails
- Build landing pages and forms
- Photography at programs and events for web and social distribution
- Manage the online community calendar
- Update monthly schedules
- Upload stories to the blog section of the website
- Engage with followers on social media
- Build and maintain web pages as required
- Generate assets - photos and videos - for social media campaigns
- BA in marketing, communications, media, or a related field
- Superb organizational skills and attention to details
- Great written communication skills
- Photography and video editing skills – preferred
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing principles and metrics
- Basic knowledge of Jewish tradition – preferred
- Ability to follow all branding and naming guidelines, as well as marketing department and company policies
References are a must and background checks will be conducted.
The Jewish Community Center/Jewish Federation is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.