The Development Associate is a member of the development team and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy. The Development Associate is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding a portfolio of donors; conducting solicitation efforts; and participating in Financial Resource Development/Annual Campaign events and activities.
- In consultation with the supervisor and lay leadership partners, sets annual campaign goals, including timely and accurate reporting of campaign progress, donor engagement, etc.
- Project manage annual campaign solicitation process for a portfolio of donors, inclusive of coordination and regular communication with donors and/or volunteer solicitors. Will be responsible for individual donors and affinity groups (Women’s Philanthropy, Men’s Division, etc.) as well as programming for the affinity groups to further engage and cultivate.
- Cultivates one-to-one relationships with donors.
- In consultation with the supervisor, identify prospective donors through analysis, networking, outreach and engagement strategies.
- Oversee strategic follow-up with attendees and chairs for events and programs.
- Act as connection point with donors to resolve issues quickly and maximize service to donors.
- Provide professional support for all development activities, including events that may occur outside of the regular work day.
- Other relevant responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years development/fundraising or related experience.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sense of humor.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively, based on the situation, in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, including willingness to work with a variety of staff members, maintain flexible hours, and travel throughout the Greater New Haven Jewish community as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills in Windows environment, including Microsoft Office Suite, databases, and internet.
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and traditions.
- Strong personal commitment to the Federation mission.
Cover letter with desired salary required for consideration.
References are a must and background checks will be conducted.
The JCC/Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.
No phone calls, please.