Fitness Floor Staff
JCC of Greater New Haven
360 Amity Road, Woodbridge CT
To oversee fitness room activities, meet and greet members, general help with member needs, customer service, answering the phone, maintaining a safe and clean fitness floor and creating a positive exercise experience for members.
Reports to Director of Fitness Services and Assistant Fitness Director
- Be present and visible on the fitness floor at all times
- Help new members with general equipment use
- Take blood pressure when needed
- Cleaning of equipment and exercise area, stretch room and hallway
- Stocking paper towels, cleaning solution, etc
- Opening and/or closing the fitness center
- Promote fitness related promotions to members
- Participate in necessary staff meetings
- Keep files in order
- Phone responsibilities: answer with professional enthusiasm, take messages, etc
- Respond to any first aid or medical emergency: JCC protocol
- Customer service: greet members as they enter by their name, walk around the fitness floor to converse with members in a professional manner, say goodbye when they leave, etc.
- Handle member concerns and complaints in a professional way and report to the Director
- Maintain current CPR cert
- Follow fitness staff dress code
- Responsible for your shift – responsible for getting coverage if needed
Other duties may include:
- Covering for control desk when necessary
- Stocking, light cleaning aerobic room & spin studio
- Assist with towels to laundry, spa, etc
Hours to include an evening shift and weekends.
References are a must and background checks will be conducted.
The JCC/Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.